About Ming Chen M.D., F.A.C.S.
Ming Chen, M.D., MSc, F.A.C.S.
- Fellow American College of Surgeons
- Past President, Hawaii Ophthalmological Society
- American Top Ophthalmologist 2007, 2011, and 2012 by consumer research
- Clinical Associate Professor of Ophthalmology, University of Hawaii
- Past Chairman, Department of Ophthalmology, Kuakini Hospital
- International Panel for the Advancement of Cataract Surgery
- Diplomat American Board of Ophthalmology
- Visiting Professor, Zhong Shan People's Hospital, China
- Master of Science in Evidence Based Practice (Ophthalmology), University of Teesside, UK
Area of Expertise: Cataract and Refractive Surgery
Residencies: Cook County Hospital, Chicago, IL
- Past president, United Chinese society of Hawaii
- Past president, the Chinese Chamber of Hawaii
- Past president, the Organization of Chinese American Hawaii chapter
- Member, the Aloha medical mission
- Second Dan black belt in karate
- Golf member, the Waialae Country Club
Publication and studies:
1) A comparison of a monofocal Acrysoft IOL using the "blended monovision"
formula with the multifocal Array IOL of glasses independence after
cataract Surgery. Annuals of Ophthalmology Vol.39 #3 Fall 2007
2) the review of the changes of Britain?s National Health Service for the
impending change of the United States. Hawaii Medical Journal, Oct, 2009
3) a retrospective randomized study to compare the energy delivered using
CDE in different technique and Ozil setting by different surgeons in
Phacoemulcification. Clinical Ophthalmology 2009; 3 1-3
4) Supranuclear phacoemulcification presentations at join meeting of Taiwan
cataract and refractive society and AAO June 2008, Presented on web
site of ISRS/AAO
5) Objective vision test using OKN(Optic kinetic Nystagmus),University of Illinois, Chicago,1975
6) A critique of the changes in Hawaii's Medicaid System, Hawaii Medical
Journal Oct. 2009
7) A Comparison of Monofocal Intraocular Lens (Acrysoft) in Mini-Monovision
(MMV) with Premium Multifocal Implantation of ReSTOR,
Clinical Optometry, 2009
8) Comparison of the corneal astigmatism induced by phacoemulcification: clear temporal corneal Incision versus sclera tunnel Incision, Journal of Ophthalmology, 2009.
9) 6 Steps to Maximize Success with Pseudophakic Monovision 6 steps to Maximize Success with Pseudophakic Monovision, contributor, Ophthalmology management.2008
10) Textbook contributor and editorial board. Lens Disorders & Surgical
Management. Guangzhou China 2005.
11) The method of clinical audit and its effectiveness, editorial, Journal of clinical and experimental Ophthalmology 2012.
12) The future direction of cataract surgery International Journal of
Medical & Biology 2009
13) ORange guided LRI (Limbal Relaxation Incision) in psudophakic eye. A video publication at Eyetube.net 2009
14) LRI (Limbal Relaxation Incision) and toric IOL with ORange verification. A video publication Eyetube.net 2009
15) Comparison of CDE data in phacoemulcification between an open hospital-based ambulatory surgical center and a free-standing ambulatory surgical center, November 2010, Volume 2010:4 Pages 1287 ? 1289, Clinical Ophthalmology
16) Correlation between ORange® (Gen 1, psudophakic) intraoperative refraction and 1-week post cataract surgery autorefraction, 2011, Volume 2011:5 Pages 197 ? 199, Clinical Ophthalmology
17) A study to compare single piece IOL (SN60WF) vs. multipiece IOL (MA30AC) in accommodation using cycloplegic auto refraction" Journal of clinical and experimental Ophthalmology 2010
18) Correlation between ORange® (Gen 1, psudophakic) intraoperative refraction and 1-week post cataract surgery autorefraction, presentation at join meeting of American Academy of ophthalmology annual meeting and international Society of Refractive Surgery Chicago, 2010
19) Late Posterior dislocation of an in-the-bag IOL, presentation at SCORH (Study Club of Research Hawaii) meeting, 2010
20) "The sandwich phacoemulsification- a novel technique for the safety of phacoemulsification" presentation at lunch symposium TSCRS, 6/19/2011, Taipei, Taiwan
21) Presentation at annual Hawaii Ophthalmological Society meeting July, 23, 2011 "The accommodation in psudophakic eye"
22) publish "The sandwich phacoemulsification- a novel technique for the safety of phacoemulsification" at Eyetube.net, August, 2011.
23) Presentation at SCORH (Study Club of Research Hawaii) meeting on 11/3/11 "The sandwich phacoemulsification- a novel technique for the safety of phacoemulsification"
24) Laser vision correction on patients with sick optic nerve- A case report: Case Reports in Ophthalmological Medicine 2011.
25) The Effect of Large Capsulorhexis (>7mm) on the Stability of Refraction Post Cataract Surgery, British Journal of Medicine & Medical Research 2(1): 86-93, 2012
26) Presentation at SCORH on 1/26/12 "Benefit of preoperative topical atropine sulfate 1% in the management of IFIS secondary to Tamsulosin use"
27) An evaluation of the accuracy of the ORange® (Gen II) by comparing it to the IOLMaster® in the prediction of postoperative refraction, Clinical Ophthalmology, Volume 2012:6 Pages 397 ? 401
28) "Using Sandwich phacoemulsification to small pupil cataract" eyetube.net, April, 2012
29) Presentation at SCORH meeting on 4/26/12 "LenSx cataract surgery"
30) "A way to remove thin cortex after LenSx and phacoemulsification" eyetube.net, April, 2012
31) Presentation at the 15th congress of Optometry of Guangdong, China on 6/16/12," LenSx cataract surgery"
32) Presentation at the joint meeting of ISCRS and TSCRS in Taipei, Taiwan on 6/17/12," LenSx cataract surgery"
33) Video publication at Eyetube.net, May 2012: "using sandwich phaco on small pupil cataract"
34) Video publication "Eye movement and perforated LRI", eyetube.net, Sep 2012
35) The Differences in My Phaco Technique with Laser Cataract Surgery, CATARACT & REFRACTIVE SURGERY TODAY EUROPE OCTOBER 2012, page 65
36) Presentation "Accommodation in pseudophakic eyes" at Annual Taiwan ophthalmological Society meeting on 11/18/12, Taipei, Taiwan
37) Publication "Laser vision correction for patients with atypical topography of cornea (Review)" Case Reports in Clinical Medicine, Dec 2012
38) Publication "Accommodation in pseudophakic eyes" Taiwan Journal of Ophthalmology 2 (2012) 117-121
39) Presentation of "A review of Femtosecond Laser Assisted Cataract Surgery for Hawaii" at SCORH November, 2012 meeting
40) Video publication "LenSx, CTR and ECP in the management of a case with dislocated cataract with chronic angle closed glaucoma" eyetube.net Jan 2013
41) Video publication “My first case with SoftFit patient interface for the LenSx laser” eyetube.net March 2013
42) Publication “Combine technique used for zonular dehiscence with dislocated cataract” Ocular Surgery News – Surgical Maneuvers, page 5 March 2013